There are shocking trends in cities today. The rate of chronic health conditions for children doubled from 12.8% in 1994 to 26.6% in 2006 and continues to increase.
Many communities are asking how their city can reinforce a lifestyle of active and healthy choices and opportunities. We partner with cities and the development community to create planning and non-profit solutions through place-based efforts and multi-disciplined approaches.
A healthy community is one that improves access to fresh food, creates learning environments for children and adults, with places to play and grow. We help make this happen.
We Can Help:
- Provide research on your city or neighborhood’s healthy community factors
- Identify funders, non-profits, developers and cities to leverage funding or resources
- Focus strategic planning or master plans to achieve clear health goals
- Create tangible innovative programs to increase excitement in new development
- Connect the fundamentals of urban agriculture & community health
- Facilitate dialogue across disciplines and in communities
- Evaluate your success in gaining momentum in comparison with other cities
You Can Expect:
- Well-designed programs to address your specific city needs
- Development of opportunities to address better health
- Leverage for building capacity of partners and funders
- To discover the most effective use of city resources
- Evaluation tools to measure success over time
- Up to date policies and practices
Past Projects Include:
- Evaluation of healthy community efforts for funders
- Military base transformations
- Healthy Community/urban agriculture/food program efforts
- Master plans/Redevelopment projects
- Support for Public/private affordable housing design and development
Are You Ready to Learn More?
Contact Maya for a Complimentary Consultation today.